Day Fourteen: Last day!!!

Day Fourteen:

7/20/18

Today we woke up at 6:30am. Breakfast was already on the table this morning. I just ate cereal and after, I made my lunch. For some odd reason, I felt like having PB and J sandwich, and I don’t like peanut butter. It was a good morning. I had some time to put my feet in the water and it was lovely. The morning was so calm, and I was able to gather my thoughts and just felt peaceful. Well after that I went to get changed out of my sweats, packed my stuff, and was ready to go.

Our first stop at the old 99 county road where there was planting and thinning going on. This was one of the plots. One of the people that stood out to me is Clinton, not Mr. Clinton LOL ;) He was a firefighter forestry manager. He fought fire for 18 years. After looking at that plot, we headed to another up the road. This is a plot where they already had thinned out and didn’t clean up. It “looked bad” but in five years or so, it’ll look healthy and open. I can see how their forests are compared to ours, and it looked way better than ours.

After looking at the plots, we went to Twin Lakes to eat our lunch. Ms. Trease and I went out on the dock, sat down, put our feet in the water, and ate our lunch. While we were eating we wished to swim and so, that was the plan when we were done. I went to the car and changed into shorts. This was the most fun of the stops we did.  I was about in the lake for about 15 minutes, the water was just perfect. After we were taught how to measure a diameter of a tree, we were given advice about firefighting and what we should be prepared for. This was interesting because I learned how that there are many job options in firefighting or management. This open my mind about going into forestry.

This trip had really open my mind. I really enjoyed this trip.

When we have arrived to our camp grounds we 2 hours of free time. So Ms. Trease, Destiny, and I went swimming. We swam from our camp downstream to the deck. It was a workout, I can tell you that. Any who, after swimming we came back to do our blogs, and I helped cook dinner which was spaghetti. Dinner was amazing, but the creator’s law is, “you can’t have anything good without anything, as much as you can’t have anything bad without anything good.” So we had a bunch of wasps and I gave up on eating after eating a good amount. God, I wish to never have so much wasps on anyone. The end! ;D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One: Start of the knowledgeable trip

WHOOPSIE!!!